Smoking and your DNA

Sazerac

The article seems a little exaggerated but at LEAST for once someone is talking about how e-cigarettes are not the answer.

They mention smokeless tobacco.

I somehow doubt the sales of that will increase. Anyone who has tried it knows how disgusting and vile it is.

I only stopped smoking about 18 days but I did it cold turkey no Vapes pills patches witchcraft you have to want to do it even though you know the consequences

no one likes or wants to prolong torture

3 hours ago, Jetblack said:

The article seems a little exaggerated but at LEAST for once someone is talking about how e-cigarettes are not the answer.

I somehow doubt the sales of that will increase. Anyone who has tried it knows how disgusting and vile it is.

Unfortunately in many European countries smokeless tobacco has become a thing, especially among youngsters. There were even cases of football players just chewing it during the game. And sales aren’t as controlled as with cigarettes so minors have unlimited access. Ecigs, in Switzerland they can be purchased by anyone, no age limit. The percentage of addicted minors is terrifying. I’m afraid the two mentioned replacements are becoming a thing. Them being advertised as healthy alternative to cigarettes has backfired. How do you warn about dangers if you praised how safe something is beforehand? 

• Like 1

I stop and start just for fun cigarettes for years light one up for no reason then have to detox again because you are an addict actually I'm talking about myself some people are just stupid they have no conceivable idea how much damage cigarettes tobacco does information is the only possible preventative

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jetblack said:

20 minutes ago, Octain said:

Is it?? Is  nicotine actually bad for you?

Once you weed through all the mis-information (promoted by Big Tobacco and Vaping interests)

you can find information from reliable scientific sources. 

Here is a paper from the NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) 

Harmful Effects of Nicotine.

Nicotine is a poison

Here is another article with the chapters on nicotine pulled up

The Health Consequences of Smoking—50 Years of Progress: A Report of the Surgeon General.

The more I learn, the more I realize the jeopardy I put my body in while I was 'smoking'

or,  more accurately, freebasing amonia + a zillion other chemicals with tobacco.

Did you check out The Great Tobacco Plague  blog  by Frank Ashall ?