OBX bound!

joe

At the end of the week, me and the Mrs. will be taking off for a week of sun and sand! We will be staying in Hatteras. The plans include at least 1 day trip ( maybe more) to Ocracoke and Portsmouth Island. 

She has to work Friday and won’t be home until late, so we may not get on the road until 2am (we drive straight through... about 12-14 hrs)..

the best thing about the drive down and back, is we are driving the Mustang (2016 GT) this year!  I’ve only managed to clock about 7000 miles on it the two years I have had it, so time to really break it in and have some fun!

Amazing how much more I seem to be able to afford since I don’t put anything in my mouth and set it on fire!!

hoping for sunshine and warmer temps than we have here!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TravellingSunny said:

Outer Banks is beautiful, and you should have decent weather for it!  I only live a 30 minute drive from there, so it's a favorite day trip for me and mine.  :)

I wish it was only a day trip for us...since we are staying in Hatteras, it added an hour or more to the trip... But so worth it! In the past we have stayed on the more "Northern Beaches".... Last year (March) we stayed in Rodanthe, and loved it, so we figured the farther south we go, the more we will like it... ?

We firsts visited the OBX about 12 or 13 years ago when our oldest daughter got married...when she announced they were getting married in the OBX, I as like.."where is that?"... Lol...ever since then, we have loved it... We like ho laid back it is...

We will be arriving just as bike week wraps up, so I'm pretty sure this first weeknd will have a little excitement.... ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

Enjoy your time off Joe! I know I really enjoyed a little R & R recently.

It's a really good break and helps you to reset your focus on return to the real world :3_grin:

What!!!! Laying around on the beach isn’t the real world???

my wife has been lying to me... ?

• Like 1