Official Handover - Reci's Return

notsmokinjo

Welcome back @reciprocity.

I hope you enjoyed your holidays and are ready to get back to your Master of Ceremony duties because I am glad to hand them back.

I'd like to thank you for jacking up my slight OCD tendencies into a full blown affliction. I am sure I checked the list you left at least hourly, every day, by half way through your first day I had it memorized, didn't mean I didn't check, check, check. As per written instruction, the list of new members and their QDs can be located in the in tray on your desk.

Speaking of your desk, can I just say I know a messy desk is supposed to be a sign of genius but seriously your desk was, um, unlike anything I had seen before. It was so much nicer once it was all cleaned and tidied. All documents that were once on your desk are now filed alphabetically in the filing cabinet, your welcome. Um speaking of your desk, your letter opener may be slightly bent, I have absolutely no idea how that happened :9_innocent: but Port Chop did his best to straighten it and it will definitely still work.

OK... lets get back to my required substitute duties in your absence:

1. Remember all the woohoos - Every woohoo on the official Reci woohoo list was covered and some new ones that snuck in or were missed. All woohoos had a cute little giffy thing.. ok some where big, but they were there.... All woohoos were written in reasonably readable and correct English, not the drivel you usually get from me, Pork Chop could even understand my woohoo posts. So for task number 1, my self assessment is : NAILED IT!

2. Ensure the Lido Deck is clean and presentable before and after the celebration on the 18th. ... when I turned in last night it was frickin spotless... I left @Whispers in charge of making sure it remained like that until your return, ergo any complaints can be directed to him. Pork Chop did supervise my cleaning of the Lido Deck to make sure it met your standards, gee he can be a bossy bugger sometimes and the jury is still out on me calling him Sir.... so self assessment (and cos @Doreensfree & @jillar & @Sazerac said so) : NAILED IT!

(Hmm don't think that my stellar cleaning services on both your pigsty office, and the Lido Deck are me volunteering for future services in that area, although Pork Chop's reward system was not unappreciated and Dore's was purely inspirational.)

3. Don't break anything, while things might have gotten out of hands at time...:9_innocent: um, nothing was broken, uh uh, not at all, everything is exactly how I found it or better... would I lie to you :9_innocent:.  So self assessment: NAILED (or gaffa'd) IT!

4. Don't Let Things Get Out Of Control.... so there was a little bit of anarchy at times and some celebration may have gone a little too far but pretty sure all things are fine and dandy and if not they will get better soon. So your guessed it: NAILED IT!!

5. Look after @MrTitwank and make sure he doesn't miss you too much ... lets just say that the language barrier doesn't just apply to the written word it seems when you have an accent as Strine as mine it can be a bit hard to always understand everything that's said. There were lots of cuddles and reassurances to help our boy when he missed you too much. I am sure he survived just fine, unlike my arse. SO, yep NAILED IT!!

OK so being an overachiever and wanting to get a stellar report on my performance review I took it upon myself to add some points that should be considered for bonus credit.....

* Sticking up for Canada when those silly Americans were being mean and saying you were their hat... I told em for ya, I even discovered one of them was posing as an Englishman to pull the hot Canadian chicks. Evidence of this service to my commonwealth cousin can be found on page 6 of the random thoughts thread. Nipped that shit in the bud for ya mate.

* Rowing @ClaireP1973 all the fricking way to the lido deck because someone hid the keys to the motorised dingy... sure the row boat was all polished and schmicko but really... it was a long row and the poor girl had to listen to my banter and singing all the way there. She didn't complain but that's beside the point. And I did pack her a little picnic basket with hors d'oeuvres, canapes and bubbly for the trip... oooh that's another bonus point.

* Catering services ;) see above

* Learning stuff about Ice Hockey... and while I haven't picked me team yet I have got it down to a final 2.

* Not releasing the contents of the locked desk draw to everyone else .... so that will be a stellar review I receive wont it? ... oh and don't complain that i used my psychic abilities (or your letter opener) to jimmy open the locked desk draw, .....please, who locks their desk draw then leaves a chick from the land of criminals to be the one to sit at said desk... that's like putting a neon sign on it... "Open me if you can"....tsk tsk tsk don't be calling my bluff. AND speaking of that locked desk draw and its contents, I'm pretty sure promises were made to destroy all negatives and copies...hmmm.

So as I hop away and leave you (thank goodness) to all the hard work that is Master of Ceremonies and hang up my substitute hat... can I just say no more holidays for you for at least 6 months.... because your absence has left me a broken woman...

maxresdefault.jpg

Edit: OH and Reci, ya owe our mate Chris ( @Cbdave ) a bevvy or two for callin in some favours with his Navy mates to get your arse off that tanker when they went from rescuers to kidnappers... it really is a shame they only wanted $1000 for you... just didn't appreciate your value did they... an you probably owe @Sslip a whole slab or a bottle of the expensive shit for keeping some degree of control over my lunacy.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

Jo is a good girl, a stupendous girl, the best girl in the whole round world.

Thank you for your work,  thanks to Pig for his work too and hope he had a perfect holiday.

Everything runs like a clock around here with fancy spreadsheets and extraordinarily capable helpmates,  like that good girl, Jo.

Jo, this picture that showed you earlier this week just breaks my heart, it evokes such poignancy for me.

kangaroo.jpg.81da7e5d4f330f6a31de7fce163240be.jpg

• Haha 3

Just now, Sazerac said:

Jo is a good girl, a stupendous girl, the best girl in the whole round world.

Thank you for your work,  thanks to Pig for his work too and hope he had a perfect holiday.

Everything runs like a clock around here with fancy spreadsheets and extraordinarily capable helpmates,  like that good girl, Jo.

Jo, this picture that showed you earlier this week just breaks my heart, it evokes such poignancy for me.

kangaroo.jpg.81da7e5d4f330f6a31de7fce163240be.jpg

UM... I didn't break that bucket, uh-uh... that's how I found it @reciprocity I promise... clearly this is a stitch up... :2_grimacing:...

I feel all blushy now at so many good girls... But Sally don't you think that face just screams, oh shit they have a frickin camera I am so busted...

• Haha 3

"...don't you think that face just screams, oh shit they have a frickin camera I am so busted..."

Exactly  so, Jo !   

I couldn't find the thread that it was on and maybe that is good...I don't want to stitch you up. 

Things were a bit festive and frolic reigned.

Pig has a lot to catch up on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jo, you have been amazing stepping into Reci's pen and keeping a seamless flow of celebrations going in his absence. Only a true OCD'd person could have done such a fine job!

Reci, hope you had a fantastic vacation!!!  Can't wait to hear you squeal about it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK - so off the boat and back on the train again ;)

Thanks lots Jo for keeping the celebrations thread running smoothly while I was gone. Our quits don't go on holiday and it's important that we recognize all those amazing milestones people are reaching every day.

Holiday was great - hot & sunny for a week ..... finally :6_smile: We went on a cruise on Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas, one of their Oasis Class Ships (largest cruise ships currently made). That thing was like a floating city. Almost 9,000 passengers including ships staff. It's 362m in length (1,187 feet) and 72m in height above the waterline (236 feet). 5 pools on the Lido Deck plus 2 small wave rider pools for surfing and an 18 hole mini putt golf course; not to mention the zip-line at the back of the ship.

5eyjb8.jpg

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No, it wasn't a direct result of savings from quitting smoking. Basically, the wife went on this as part of a seminar she was doing with Royal Caribbean and her partner travel agent who was supposed to go with her backed out so I got to go instead. Worked out great. The wife had to work and I got to lay around the Lido Deck in the sun, drink cold beer with the occasional dip into a pool :8_laughing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If reci left for any good amount of time -

I am sure Jo would be fully capable of taking over the listed duties. We need to look at the real concern here...

Who's job would it be to comfort MrTitwank if Reci were gone? Wank would be singing -

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1