New Beginning

Novokezdet

Hello Quit Train Community,

On the new years resolution I had so many plans, yet everything escalated quickly,

In January I finished my 5 year relationship with the person that made discover what love really was,

After the break-up I didn't know how to deal with the situation, so smoking more, drinking & other things became an option,

It got to the point where my housemates wouldn't even talk to me anymore,

At the beginning of this month I've seeked for help as my work was getting in danger as well,

With that wake up call, I have decided to wash my past away and put my head up,

I'm done with the drinking and on the 18th I've decided to be done with smoking as well,

Now I'm here sharing my long story short with you guys.

On the other side, the weather is lovely in London,

How are you guys ?

• Like 7

Hi Novokezdet & welcome! I'm so sorry for all the sadness in your life right now.

Glad to hear that you are getting help. We will certainly help you with the smoking!

Please read as much as you can here, education about the addiction is a very powerful tool in quitting. (there are also tons of great videos!)

Post often, it really helps to be here with others that understand what you are going through.

We'll be here for you on good days and bad days - so please stick around. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Glad you are taking steps to reclaim your life. We will do what we can to help support you. Take this one day at a time and remember to NOPE... not one puff ever... even if you just pledge it for 24 hours at a time it soon adds up to week and a month and before you know it you are a none-smoker. Keep your positive attitude and you can keep your quit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you notsmokinjo,

The worse part is already done which was the drinking,

Now the smoking it's a matter of time, I'm currently using 24mg nicotine patches as I don't have enough will power to cold turkey right now,

It feels like cheating but I guess it's better to take 1 over 4.000 chemicals.

• Like 3

Welcome N,  in sunny beautiful London !

You are making such positive adjustments in your life, congratulations !

Quitting smoking will add fuel to your inner power, your confidence.

Please don't feel like you are cheating using a NRT, 

THERE IS NO WRONG WAY TO QUIT SMOKING.

Breathe deep and enjoy your new adventure !

• Thanks 1

Hi and welcome aboard N !!!

High five for talking control of your life.....Take a seat,buckle up for the ride of your life...

As mentioned above...knowledge will be your power to rid yourself of the Nico monster... Read and watch the videos...

We have a daily pledge...it's a great way to start the day....we  take it day by day....

You have a whole family here..who will support you all the way to freedom...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi novo, i used patches too and no way are they cheating. Im day 168 and categorically would not be here if i hadnt used the patches. I personally loved them ha. If you are uk like me are you utilising any of the free nhs smoking cessation services? I took all the help i could get and its worked for me. I liked checking in with the nurse weekly. Good for you chucking the drink and now the cigarettes too. Stay close to the board its great for information, comradery and killing time ? ps yes i seen London today looks toasting, seen some of the marathon on tv 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on recognizing the need for changing things in your life that was harming you and pressing forward. Like the others have said read, take it one day at a time and you will get there. Remember deep breathing, drink lots of water and find relaxing activities to distract your mind. Also exercise or just walking is a good way to energize yourself and distract yourself from any cravings also.

You got this

Lisa

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Welcome N,  in sunny beautiful London !

You are making such positive adjustments in your life, congratulations !

Quitting smoking will add fuel to your inner power, your confidence.

Please don't feel like you are cheating using a NRT, 

THERE IS NO WRONG WAY TO QUIT SMOKING.

Breathe deep and enjoy your new adventure !

Thank you Sazerac,

I could use all the confidence in my life I can get, hitting rock bottom was such an experience.

2 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Hi and welcome aboard N !!!

High five for talking control of your life.....Take a seat,buckle up for the ride of your life...

As mentioned above...knowledge will be your power to rid yourself of the Nico monster... Read and watch the videos...

We have a daily pledge...it's a great way to start the day....we  take it day by day....

You have a whole family here..who will support you all the way to freedom...

Thank you Doreensfree,

I'll try my best to do the daily pledge!

2 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

Hi novo, i used patches too and no way are they cheating. Im day 168 and categorically would not be here if i hadnt used the patches. I personally loved them ha. If you are uk like me are you utilising any of the free nhs smoking cessation services? I took all the help i could get and its worked for me. I liked checking in with the nurse weekly. Good for you chucking the drink and now the cigarettes too. Stay close to the board its great for information, comradery and killing time ? ps yes i seen London today looks toasting, seen some of the marathon on tv 

Thank you WeegieWoman,

I've tried NHS support but they have cut the funds in my area for the quit smoking program,

Although, paying for the patches is a reminder & inspiration to keep going.

1 hour ago, Frezflops said:

Congrats on recognizing the need for changing things in your life that was harming you and pressing forward. Like the others have said read, take it one day at a time and you will get there. Remember deep breathing, drink lots of water and find relaxing activities to distract your mind. Also exercise or just walking is a good way to energize yourself and distract yourself from any cravings also.

You got this

Lisa

Thank you Frezflops,

I've actually just came back from a 30m run, my body is so messy right now that 30m a day will have to do until I gather more strength.

Thank you everyone who for giving me such a warm welcome,

I truly feel blessed to be around such amazing people.

You guys are amazing!

Edited by Novokezdet
  • Like 4

Welcome aboard Novo, it is nice to have you along for the ride.  There is so much in life that can hit you like a truck but quitting cigs will help you.  Remember to NOPE at least once a day (sometimes a couple three times a day is needed), it has helped me make it through this journey.  Come here also for the education and the support often.

• Like 1

Welcome to QuitTrain, Novo.

I'm sorry you are going through rough times right now but congratulations on taking the initiative to make positive changes in your life.  Quitting smoking is a very huge and positive change.

As other have said, read as much as you can here about nicotine addiction and participate.  There are a lot of good people here that will support you in your journey.

• Like 1

Hi Novo. It's sad that your life has taken it's recent turns for the worse.....but it's very happy that you are working hard to turn things around. Quitting smoking will definitely be a huge positive influence on you (I can't begin to tell you how much better my life is as a nonsmoker, after smoking heavily for 42 years).

Read, watch videos, and educate yourself all you can about the addiction. This community has a wealth of information and support for us. Welcome aboard.

• Like 2

Keep the faith, Novo. Whatever challenges you face during your quit are temporary; the rewards are permanent. Keep your eye on the prize and now that you’re at it with quitting drinking as well, it’s a great opportunity to look at everything you put into your body and keep putting in what’s good for you. Fresh air, clean water, nourishing food will all assist with your detox. We’re here for you’

• Like 1

Welcome to the Board, Novo! You came to the right place. I'm a newbie (only on my third day of quitting), so I hesitate to give you quit advice. BUT, I encourage you to visit this board often... post often... read everything... this is a wonderfully supportive community!

• Like 1

Sorry I'm coming in with a late greeting but glad to see yet another person ridding themselves of this deadly addiction. Sorry that your life is in a bad place right now but happy to see you are making positive changes. Those changes will stay with you forever. Your life will change in time as it does for all of us. Keep your mind focused on the important stuff. The stuff that benefits YOU! Stay with us here and participate all you can. It will really help you in the early days of your quit. Educate yourself about this addition too and you'll know what to expect along the way. Read, read and read some more :)

On 22/04/2018 at 6:05 PM, Martian5 said:

Welcome aboard Novo, it is nice to have you along for the ride.  There is so much in life that can hit you like a truck but quitting cigs will help you.  Remember to NOPE at least once a day (sometimes a couple three times a day is needed), it has helped me make it through this journey.  Come here also for the education and the support often.

On 22/04/2018 at 6:26 PM, johnny5 said:

Welcome to QuitTrain, Novo.

I'm sorry you are going through rough times right now but congratulations on taking the initiative to make positive changes in your life.  Quitting smoking is a very huge and positive change.

As other have said, read as much as you can here about nicotine addiction and participate.  There are a lot of good people here that will support you in your journey.

On 22/04/2018 at 7:08 PM, Lin-quitting said:

Hi Novo. It's sad that your life has taken it's recent turns for the worse.....but it's very happy that you are working hard to turn things around. Quitting smoking will definitely be a huge positive influence on you (I can't begin to tell you how much better my life is as a nonsmoker, after smoking heavily for 42 years).

Read, watch videos, and educate yourself all you can about the addiction. This community has a wealth of information and support for us. Welcome aboard.

On 22/04/2018 at 7:27 PM, PeaceTrain said:

Keep the faith, Novo. Whatever challenges you face during your quit are temporary; the rewards are permanent. Keep your eye on the prize and now that you’re at it with quitting drinking as well, it’s a great opportunity to look at everything you put into your body and keep putting in what’s good for you. Fresh air, clean water, nourishing food will all assist with your detox. We’re here for you’

On 22/04/2018 at 9:35 PM, Sslip said:

Hi Novo,

Lot's of good advice already, so I'll just say welcome to the boards.

Hope to catch you around.

On 23/04/2018 at 12:09 PM, TravellingSunny said:

Welcome to the Board, Novo! You came to the right place. I'm a newbie (only on my third day of quitting), so I hesitate to give you quit advice. BUT, I encourage you to visit this board often... post often... read everything... this is a wonderfully supportive community!

On 23/04/2018 at 12:26 PM, Wee fluffy me said:

Hi Novo, just wanted to say welcome  to the Quit Train, it's a fantastic place with great people to help and support you along your journey ?

On 23/04/2018 at 2:48 PM, reciprocity said:

Sorry I'm coming in with a late greeting but glad to see yet another person ridding themselves of this deadly addiction. Sorry that your life is in a bad place right now but happy to see you are making positive changes. Those changes will stay with you forever. Your life will change in time as it does for all of us. Keep your mind focused on the important stuff. The stuff that benefits YOU! Stay with us here and participate all you can. It will really help you in the early days of your quit. Educate yourself about this addition too and you'll know what to expect along the way. Read, read and read some more :)

Thank you guys for making me feel so much at home and for the advises & tips,

I'm still going strong on my 6th day and looking forward to the 7th,

Last Friday the guy I worked with simply left the company putting me in a $%&# position as now I have to deal with a whole warehouse by myself,

Funny enough he didn't stop there, yesterday he got access to my email and tried to get into the system to steal information under my name,

I don't know where I'm getting all the strength to hold myself from smoking, but there must be someone watching over me,

Now I have to deal with the police, testify and stuff like that,

What a year!

On the other side of things, I feel like Gollum from Lord of The Rings when I see food, haha.

I hope you guys have had a better week than I did.

• Like 3

Wow - sounds like a lot to deal with but you know what? If you can get through all that then you are showing your commitment and strength to deal with your quit. Stay strong my friend. All these things will change and improve with time. Your quit should still be job 1 for you right now as it may save your life. It will certainly improve the quality of it - that's for sure.

• Like 2

Congratulations on the first week of your quit, Novo !

Life will always throw us twists and turns, we must stay vigilent about quitting.

Our friend, Cristóbal, has a great post about priorities, called Your Quit & Your Life,

which outlines how our quit must take precedence over anything that happens in our life.

Give it a read, if you will, it has helped many of us affirm our quits

and thanks for staying in touch.  You are helping others in their quits by sharing your experience.

• Like 1

Sorry for your hard year novo, just think how nice it's going to be to not have to worry about that next cigarette break while you're dealing with all that! Congratulations on almost being done with hell week, you're doing great :)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Novo.

I don't have much to add to what has already been written.

Congratulations on making a great decision for yourself.  Enjoy your newfound freedom.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2018 at 7:09 PM, reciprocity said:

Wow - sounds like a lot to deal with but you know what? If you can get through all that then you are showing your commitment and strength to deal with your quit. Stay strong my friend. All these things will change and improve with time. Your quit should still be job 1 for you right now as it may save your life. It will certainly improve the quality of it - that's for sure.

On 24/04/2018 at 7:15 PM, Sazerac said:

Congratulations on the first week of your quit, Novo !

Life will always throw us twists and turns, we must stay vigilent about quitting.

Our friend, Cristóbal, has a great post about priorities, called Your Quit & Your Life,

which outlines how our quit must take precedence over anything that happens in our life.

Give it a read, if you will, it has helped many of us affirm our quits

and thanks for staying in touch.  You are helping others in their quits by sharing your experience.

20 hours ago, jillar said:

Sorry for your hard year novo, just think how nice it's going to be to not have to worry about that next cigarette break while you're dealing with all that! Congratulations on almost being done with hell week, you're doing great :)

19 hours ago, Lin-quitting said:

It's good to hear from you Novo, even if it is bad news. Glad to hear that you realize that smoking will not help anything in your life, it will just make it worse in the long run. KTQ! And sending good vibes your way.....

15 hours ago, Boo said:

Welcome aboard Novo.

I don't have much to add to what has already been written.

Congratulations on making a great decision for yourself.  Enjoy your newfound freedom.

Thank you guys, I do appreciate every kind word!

Today I had to run to the bus "guilty lazy morning" haha, although, something happened,

I had forgotten to eat and put my nicotine patch on!

I got desperate to say the least and around me were so many smokers,

But... Something happened, I felt the smell and it disgusted me for some reason,

I didn't feel the need to ask for one or even look at it,

When I got to work I just bought something to eat and chewing gum, as I remember that it was my dad's trick when he quit,

For my surprise it worked, I got distracted working as I was busy and kept on chewing.

I hope your day has been good.

• Like 6