I think I recognize some of you?

TravellingSunny

The last time I quit, I gained support from an organization online forum similar to this one called QuitSmokingMessageBoard.com. That one is no longer around, but some of your user names look familiar to me. Did a lot of members migrate here? What happened to the old group? And the old posts? Just curious if anyone knows. :)

3 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Yup, alot of people who used that board came over here. Dunno what happened to QSMB was just down one day i went to log in

Thanks! Bummer that I can't get to all of my old posts, but I'm glad that the concept and community are still around! I'll certainly need you all!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TravellingSunny said:

Thanks! Bummer that I can't get to all of my old posts, but I'm glad that the concept and community are still around! I'll certainly need you all!

Good luck on this quit, a lot of good info/people here

• Like 3

@TravellingSunny the QSMB just died one day and the lovely people on the quit train welcomed its refugees with open arms. Everyone here, old and new, give amazing support, advice and help.

I think @beazel or @Nancy might know how to access some of the old posts, I heard word of a way back machine but I was only a new member at the time.

2 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

I think @beazel or @Nancy might know how to access some of the old posts, I heard word of a way back machine but I was only a new member at the time.

Your best bet is Nancy!....Not for lack of trying, but, I have not had any luck there (I'm not computer savvy at all) (the more I tried, the more frustrated I became)- so I gave up!:34_rolling_eyes::44_frowning2:

• Sad 1

I gave up too Beazel!

I do not want to take away from this QT, because I am so grateful to have this welcoming place with (most of) my old friends here.....but we lost such an unbelievable wealth of motivational and inspirational content with the demise of QSMB. Seriously, I could cry with missing some of the essays that got me through my first weeks and months. Essays that I would love to link to for newbie quitters. Essays and threads that I know would help them.

I have spent several hours with the Wayback Machine/QSMB. I haven't been able to access much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

waybackmachine doesn't archive everything on a message board unfortunately. Maybe the main pages but not things like threads, profiles, etc.

Kind of sucks cause i have tried to find thing on now-defunct boards (nothing smoking related) i once visited

• Like 1