Hit and Run

Boo

6 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Maybe you'll get lucky and he will reignite? 

20KC.gif

Hes in tonight's lineup.. Yank fans are ripping the move and the Mets ... I hope he has something left but mets are injured so with the low risk its worth a shot

• Like 2

Ronald Acuna has been diagnosed with a "mild ACL sprain."  I've seen guys come back in two-weeks after that diagnosis and I've seen guys out for up to three-months with the same thing.  So, what we know is: we don't know.

Jacob deGrom shutting the Braves down today in the first half of the doubleheader.  So far, so good for your side Whispers.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Boo said:

Jacob deGrom shutting the Braves down today in the first half of the doubleheader.  

And then...tropical storm Alberto showed up and shut the whole damn thing down.

9 minutes ago, Boo said:

And then...tropical storm Alberto showed up and shut the whole damn thing down.

Mets needed degrom again. Hes given up 1 er in last 39 inning and has just 2 wins as of now... They said his max PC will be 115

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whispers said:

Mets needed degrom again. Hes given up 1 er in last 39 inning and has just 2 wins as of now... They said his max PC will be 115

deGrom has a 1.52 ERA and the Mets are 5-6 in games he started this season.

That has to be terribly frustrating.

You gotta laugh sometimes, what a way to lose

1 minute ago, Boo said:

deGrom has a 1.52 ERA and the Mets are 5-6 in games he started this season.

That has to be terribly frustrating.

degrom should be 8-0.... I feel for him and my fantasy team could use the W's im losing out on

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Whispers said:

You gotta laugh sometimes, what a way to lose

It was a weird game.  A delayed weather delay.  What the hell was that?  

Then the game culminates with a two-run shot off the bat of Charlie Culberson.  "Charlie Culberson" and "home run" don't often collide in the same sentence.

From Talking Chop: "Charlie Culberson has officially been upgraded from 'Fake Dansby Swanson' to 'Off-Brand Dansby Swanson."

On 5/28/2018 at 6:07 PM, Boo said:

Then the game culminates with a two-run shot off the bat of Charlie Culberson.  "Charlie Culberson" and "home run" don't often collide in the same sentence.

Goes to show how much I know.  He did it again.

Charlie Culberson may never be considered a great power hitter, but the guy is money pinch-hitting in the bottom of the ninth.

Viva Charlie Clutch!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Mets news, it looks like New York is listening to offers for some of their veteran players, including Jacob deGrom.  That's gotta suck.  Sorry, @Whispers

In Cubs news, closing pitcher Brandon Morrow, who has been having a great season, was placed on the disabled list today due to a back injury that occurred while...taking off his pants.  That just sounded weird to me.

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/news/back-tightness-puts-cubs-brandon-morrow-on-dl/c-282098978

Cubs also signed their first round draft pick from the recent MLB Draft Nico Hoerner, a shortstop who sounds like a young Ben Zobrist.  This could wind up being a good signing in a couple of years but a few picks later, the Houston Astros signed outfielder Seth Beer.  

I really wish the Cubs went with this guy instead.  Cubs Draft Beer would be a great headline.  A Cubs Beer jersey would have been a must-have for me.  Seth Beer went to Clemson University and apparently his jersey was a big seller.

Mens-Clemson-Tigers-College-Baseball-28-

Oh, and Jon Lester is having an amazing year.  I can't believe that going into this season, I thought this guy was starting to look like a has-been.

Edited by johnny5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnny5 said:

In Mets news, it looks like New York is listening to offers for some of their veteran players, including Jacob deGrom.  That's gotta suck.  Sorry, @Whispers

In Cubs news, closing pitcher Brandon Morrow, who has been having a great season, was placed on the disabled list today due to a back injury that occurred while...taking off his pants.  That just sounded weird to me.

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/news/back-tightness-puts-cubs-brandon-morrow-on-dl/c-282098978

Cubs also signed their first round draft pick from the recent MLB Draft Nico Hoerner, a shortstop who sounds like a young Ben Zobrist.  This could wind up being a good signing in a couple of years but a few picks later, the Houston Astros signed outfielder Seth Beer.  

I really wish the Cubs went with this guy instead.  Cubs Draft Beer would be a great headline.  A Cubs Beer jersey would have been a must-have for me.  Seth Beer went to Clemson University and apparently his jersey was a big seller.

Mens-Clemson-Tigers-College-Baseball-28-

Oh, and Jon Lester is having an amazing year.  I can't believe that going into this season, I thought this guy was starting to look like a has-been.

The degrom trade has blown over, out here sports media was pushing for mets yank trade but unless mets get blown away wont happen as hes great and under control for couple more years. That injury is funny and like how? Cubs are doing well the top 4 ranked are Astros,yanks,sox and Cubs.... I'm a mets fan and any team who plays the yankees

• Like 1

6 hours ago, johnny5 said:

Don't ya just love being wrong on this thought though... I love Lester.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Whispers said:

@Boo... Good job tonight.

I really need to go to bed soon, but I'm all jacked up after that one.  Yankees have bases loaded in the bottom of the tenth, one out, and Jesse Biddle sits down two in a row on strikes.  Then Acuna seals the deal with a homer in the eleventh.

Good times.

• Like 1

Just now, Boo said:

I really need to go to bed soon, but I'm all jacked up after that one.  Yankees have bases loaded in the bottom of the tenth, one out, and Jesse Biddle sits down two in a row on strikes.  Then Acuna seals the deal with a homer in the eleventh.

Good times.

image.thumb.png.094aedd1200a1f4040644c909410b44f.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Whispers said:

image.thumb.png.094aedd1200a1f4040644c909410b44f.png

If Judge we're a couple of inches taller, he would have had that one.

Nice to see the Yankees lose one on a pop-up homer in that bandbox they play in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boo said:

If Judge we're a couple of inches taller, he would have had that one.

Nice to see the Yankees lose one on a pop-up homer in that bandbox they play in.

one fan told me 1 inch, and sox won. Good night, love it way it gets them @ home . Get em tomorrow

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Almost came all the way back the braves, another good game

The Braves rally attempt kept the game interesting...just not enough tonight.

Julio Teheran takes the mound tomorrow afternoon for los Bravos.  If good Julio shows up, Atlanta has a legitimate shot at taking the series.  If bad Julio shows up, it's off to Milwaukee to try to regroup.

1 minute ago, Boo said:

The Braves rally attempt kept the game interesting...just not enough tonight.

Julio Teheran takes the mound tomorrow afternoon for los Bravos.  If good Julio shows up, Atlanta has a legitimate shot at taking the series.  If bad Julio shows up, it's off to Milwaukee to try to regroup.

Before the Hr my Yankee fan friends were nervous.. GL tomorrow

• Thanks 1