Hit and Run

Boo

3 hours ago, garry mhudson said:

And that other thing pitchers can`t do anymore, give me a minute and I will recall it. Oh  yes, they called it BUNTING.

Tom Glavine....Sure, the fact that he threw one of the best change-ups in the history of the game with great movement and pinpoint location was his bread-and-butter.  

However, that guy was a great bunter as well.  He was called on to pinch-hit in bunting situations many times and almost always delivered.

And I don't care what anyone says...Bunting is not boring!  In fact, watching a well laid drag bunt down the third-base line with the fielder charging and the batter sprinting towards first is just good, clean All-American fun.

• Like 2

LOL - Yeah. He probably left the stadium on his own to go home and pack up all his worldly belongings.

There'll be no living in Houston for that guy after his ill-advised catch attempt :15_yum: May have cost them 2 runs? We'll never know for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

LOL - Yeah. He probably left the stadium on his own to go home and pack up all his worldly belongings.

There'll be no living in Houston for that guy after his ill-advised catch attempt :15_yum: May have cost them 2 runs? We'll never know for sure.

Let's see...Memphis, Tennessee is roughly halfway between Houston and Chicago.  Perhaps that Astros fan and Steve Bartman could move there and share rent on a place.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Boo said:

Let's see...Memphis, Tennessee is roughly halfway between Houston and Chicago.  Perhaps that Astros fan and Steve Bartman could move there and share rent on a place.

If the stros lose by 2... That was a HR... Mlb would love a La Vs Bost WS

I'm not calling for more violence in our culture or anything like that, but....Manny Machado kicks your first baseman and we don't have a beanball.  A bench clearing brawl.  Anything?  Not even a heater high and tight that leaves Machado rolling in the dirt?

I guess that's progress.  However, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that a part of me tuned into tonight's game hoping to see some good baseball and a good ol' fashioned dust-up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boo said:

I'm not calling for more violence in our culture or anything like that, but....Manny Machado kicks your first baseman and we don't have a beanball.  A bench clearing brawl.  Anything?  Not even a heater high and tight that leaves Machado rolling in the dirt?

I guess that's progress.  However, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that a part of me tuned into tonight's game hoping to see some good baseball and a good ol' fashioned dust-up.

agree... looks like we got a game 7! Mlb wants the La vs Bost match up , est cst vs west cst but im still pulling for the brew crew

• Like 1

I'm a National League guy, but I just can't root for the Dodgers.

It goes back to my childhood, when the Braves were in the N.L. West (which I'm fully aware doesn't make one bit of sense geographically).  I hated the Dodgers.  Hated 'em!

I don't have the same level of vitriol in my baseball fandom as I did in my younger days.  However, the seeds of hatred for all things Dodger Blue were planted in my mind early.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whispers said:

What a game last night, its noon here and i just woke up an hr ago ... 2-1 sox  are up and cora was going for by bringing in price and eovaldi to pitch last night...

Respect for making it to the end of that game.

When the Dodgers tied it up in the bottom of the thirteenth, I gave up and went to bed.

Great game.  Unless of course you are Joe Buck who said during last night's game: "there really hasn't been much going on in this game."  We didn't need further proof that Joe Buck is an idiot, but he gave it to us anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Boo said:

Respect for making it to the end of that game.

When the Dodgers tied it up in the bottom of the thirteenth, I gave up and went to bed.

Great game.  Unless of course you are Joe Buck who said during last night's game: "there really hasn't been much going on in this game."  We didn't need further proof that Joe Buck is an idiot, but he gave it to us anyway.

I bet the game and the dodgers laying -170 was my motivation for staying up ... I don't know if you're a hockey fan but flipping around just before i saw Don Cherry outfit . gotta love him Happy Halloween  ?

image.png.76b9559c02fd4bc250bac0176aea25bc.png

• Haha 2

Yeah so what's the deal with Joe Buck anyway? He seems to get all the primo sports announcing gigs in the U.S. Big games for baseball and football I think yet he clearly isn't well liked or respected in sports circles from what I can see here in Canada. We get the US game feeds here but thankfully, we have our own announcers, most of whom are X-ballplayers so as a rule, they aren't talking out their ass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reciprocity said:

Yeah so what's the deal with Joe Buck anyway? He seems to get all the primo sports announcing gigs in the U.S. Big games for baseball and football I think yet he clearly isn't well liked or respected in sports circles from what I can see here in Canada. We get the US game feeds here but thankfully, we have our own announcers, most of whom are X-ballplayers so as a rule, they aren't talking out their ass.

He's clueless and annoying! Football the worst is chris collinworth.... They're like that fan that talks about the game but you know they didnt watch it just read the boxscore ... It's like Shut up (ok we hit mute)

• Haha 1

So last night it was about to be 3-0 Sox up in the series and Kinsler slipped (rushed the throw) threw it wild. Tonight it was 4-0 LA looking like 2-2 series with Kershaw set to pitch game 5. Gotta love it, 9-4 Bost and LA is done for tonight . 3-1 series bost, cant see LA doing it in the bot 9...