Hit and Run

Boo

Last season during the playoffs and World Series, Rec started a baseball thread.  Recently, in the "Random Thoughts" thread baseball has been a recurring topic.

We've got some serious baseball fans here and I think the national pastime deserves its own thread.

All fans are welcome to step up to the plate (even Yankees fans) and talk about what your team is doing now or has done in the past.

I'll get things started.  This video has nothing to do with anything going on currently, but I never get tired of watching it.

The Night Sid Slid...

Edited by Boo
  • Like 3

The Braves lost to the Mets in extra innings tonight.  Congratulations Whispers.

It wasn't the outcome I was hoping for.  On the bright side, anytime the Braves and Mets go into extra innings it gives the Atlanta announcing team an opportunity to reference Rick Camp.  A friendly reminder of perhaps the most unlikely homer in the history of Major League Baseball.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Keeping an eye on the Reds-Cardinals game this afternoon.  A good friend of mine is a die-hard Reds fan.  He's been watching a lot of old videos of the Big Red Machine to help him keep his sanity this season.  Well, that and making his argument that Barry Larkin is the greatest shortstop of all-time to anyone that cares to listen.

And the Cards are up 2-0 in the top of the third.  

• Like 1

Tonight's #Mets Lineup: #LGM Michael Conforto CF Yoenis Cespedes LF Asdrubal Cabrera 2B Jay Bruce RF Todd Frazier 3B Adrian Gonzalez 1B Jose Lobaton C Jacob deGrom SP (2-0, 3.24 ERA) Jose Reyes SS

I'm not gonna question callaway as hes done great so far BUT, reyes batting .000 with over 20 abs starting over amed? Lets see how this works out later with jose...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Don't wanna jinx us but the Cubbies bats are on fire.

Yep.  It is early but Javy Baez is starting to look like a superstar.  The talent has always been there but the consistency hasn't.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, johnny5 said:

Yep.  It is early but Javy Baez is starting to look like asuperstar.  The talent has always been there but the consistency hasn't.

Baez is looking good but it feels like Darvish was a big white elephant (dud deal, waste of money)... 5 run outing including 4 walks and we gave him a 6 yeaqqr contract... needs to pull his finger out his arse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Baez is looking good but it feels like Darvish was a big white elephant (dud deal, waste of money)... 5 run outing including 4 walks and we gave him a 6 yeaqqr contract... needs to pull his finger out his arse.

Yes, darvish didnt pitch well in playoffs and not sure what theo was thinking on this one. Arrieta not resigning was a surprise to me

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Whispers said:

Mets got chopped! Good game boo, pen blew another one for degrom... Tomorrow for the split?

A walk-off bunt for the win.  Good times.

Chicks dig the long ball, but Ender Inciarte was the man of the hour last night playing some well timed small ball.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Boo said:

May be a long day at the park.  Rainy day here in the South.

Keep the tarp nearby.

Mets are like chick fil a ... closed on sunday! Maybe a rain out is good news

47 minutes ago, Boo said:

A walk-off bunt for the win.  Good times.

Chicks dig the long ball, but Ender Inciarte was the man of the hour last night playing some well timed small ball.

On social media, yanks fans had a good night with a mets blown lead and redsox no hit

• Like 1

12 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Darvish has been a disappointment so far.  I really wish we could have re-signed Jake Arrieta.  He's doing well for the Phillies.

@notsmokinjo Being a huge Cubs fan, you should check out Cub's Den.  It is an awesome blog covering the Cubs, their minor league affiliates, the baseball draft, and the international free agent market.

http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-den/

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 1

Or, the famous Bautista "Bat Flip" incident in the 2015 American League Division Series against Texas Rangers that fueled an ongoing feud between Toronto & Texas!

It was great to see as a Blue Jays fan - not so much from the Rangers point of view - lol :15_yum:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Or, the famous Bautista "Bat Flip" incident in the 2015 American League Division Series against Texas Rangers that fueled an ongoing feud between Toronto & Texas!

It was great to see as a Blue Jays fan - not so much from the Rangers point of view - lol :15_yum:

Joey bats now on the braves, i picked him up in my fantasy league for my bench. Worth a shot if he has anything left

• Like 1