Returning to the Quit

I quit smoking on 12/24/2011.  I took Chantix for two weeks, and then spent many hours, days, and weeks on a forum called Quit Smoking Message Board.  (Can't find that one, but it looks like maybe this is the new and improved site?)

Yeah.  Five-year-strong quit... had one bad day, and I knew where my husband (the dirty smoker) kept his cigarettes, and I caved.  Then, I told myself it would just be for that day.  Then, just for that weekend.  It's now been eight months since I started again.  Good grief, I TOLD myself I'd never smoke again, because I never wanted to go through quitting again.  And yet, here I am.

So, I've started back on Chantix as of last Saturday, and I'm looking at a quit date of Saturday the 21st.  Maybe I can re-earn that Old Pharte badge.

• Like 6

Welcome back! QSMB site is down/done, alot of members are here. I have also blown a long quit and it happens.... Sometime life itself becomes hard for some of us and we lose direction and get that F-it attitude . You did it before and can/will do it again. Best of luck to you

• Like 6

Welcome aboard TravellingSunny. You obviously know you have the willpower and discipline to get through this. There is a lot of good people here, so settle in and get the show on the road once more. 

• Like 3

So glad you found us, Sunny.  Sorry for the need to restart...it really shows that we are all "a puff away from a pack a day".  You'll find lots of great support, here.  Back to the lido deck!!

• Like 3

Hi TravellingSunny! I also had a long-term quit that I blew for much longer than you (like 12 years). Good for you for getting back on track. I'm only in my second week of quitting but I can say that this is much easier for me than the last time I quit and all of the stuff that I learned back then kicked in pretty quick. I also am taking chantix. There is great support here that is really helpful. Looking forward to seeing you around!

• Like 5

Welcome Sunny, sorry that you have to start over. I'm another who threw away their quit, for me we are talking nearly 7 years. Take what you learnt from that and apply it to this quit. I learnt that for me it will be NOPE and it will be every day forever. So you can do this, you have done it before you know its possible. Stay strong and good luck for your quit date.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Sunny.

There are a few folks here who successfully quit on their first attempt.  Then there's the rest of us.  

Take another run at it, stick the landing, and you're good to go.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Sunny.  The thing is that you realized the mistake and taking steps to moving forward with your quit again.  You also reached out again so that is a big step.  Remember to NOPE everyday and come here to educate yourself and reach out to others, we are a good batch of people when you really get down to it.  

• Like 3

"Five-year-strong quit... had one bad day, and I knew where my husband (the dirty smoker) kept his cigarettes, and I caved" And it didn't fix your bad day did it.Lets do this again "TravellingSunny" be that  smokers who want to quit inspiration and  hero again please

• Like 3

I'm glad you found us, Sunny.  I hate to hear about your relapse but you are right to want to quit smoking again.  Life as a non-smoker is much better.

4 hours ago, TravellingSunny said:

Maybe I can re-earn that Old Pharte badge.

Stick around here and reach out if you are struggling.  You can definitely re-earn that Old Pharte badge.

• Like 3

Welcome, Sunny.

Glad you found us.

Education solidified my quit.

I read here and there and watched Joel's videos until my eyes bled.

Still, education is a constant for me, 

I'm hard headed and must be remain current with NOPE.

That's Not One Puff EVER.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2018 at 3:01 AM, Jetblack said:

Is "old pharte" the same thing as what QT calls "lido deck"? In other words, a year or more without smoking?

Yes, it's basically the same thing. OP would be like a title and the Lido Deck would be the lounge where only OPs can go. :) Something like that. 

1 hour ago, Wee fluffy me said:

Hello and welcome @TravellingSunny, sorry to here about your mother of all bad days but I'm so glad you are here and ready to get this show back on the road ? How's things going today your first day quit (if you're on the 21st, that is ?) 

I'm working the quit today. So far, still NOPE.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2018 at 2:51 PM, Rosewothorne said:

I'm only in my second week of quitting but I can say that this is much easier for me than the last time I quit and all of the stuff that I learned back then kicked in pretty quick. I also am taking chantix.

Thank you for sharing this. My experience has been similar so far.

Oh! And, I accidentally hit "report you" when I was figuring out how to reply. Pretty sure I canceled it, but if an admin contacts you, I'll tell them it was my accident. If, however, you are not contacted by an admin, this conversation never happened. LOL!

Edited by TravellingSunny

Hello TS! Glad you've joined us :) Looks like you are participating often which is always a good sign that you are committed to doing this thing. Learn lots from what happened to you and always keep that in the back of your mind. It will serve you well. Stick around here and let's get this done once again :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Hello TS! Glad you've joined us :) Looks like you are participating often which is always a good sign that you are committed to doing this thing. Learn lots from what happened to you and always keep that in the back of your mind. It will serve you well. Stick around here and let's get this done once again :)

Thank you for the warm welcome.  And, a hearty welcome back to you as well.  Vacation???

• Like 1