The Morning Hack

Opah

Seems that this morning Hacking should be getting less and less,  Not sure if it was still there after the 7 or 8 Months I was quit,  But gave up my guit and started smoking cigars  one here  one there, and another then another. never got back to smoking regular or daily but It was too much and I was not in control.

So here I am somewhere around a month quit and I still have the morning hack, I wish I could remember from the other quit, but I think even after months I still had it just a tamed down a lot.   there are many 3 ,4 6, 8, month quits here so the question is do you still have that morning hack, that smokers cough ?

Or did it go away ? and if it did about when did you really notice it?

My cough went away as soon as my 'bronchitis' was over, about a week.

Remember the pollen count is extremely high right now and that with air pollution affects us.

But, everyone is different...every quit can be different.

If you are worried, get it checked out.

Your quit is going good, Opah !

I'm ok with it for the now, just flem clearing in the morning, its the wife right now that is concerned.  guess it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out

what is it you all are talking about a low radiation CT scan ?  something like that.  I know I can get a med order for one,  I just have to pay the co pay.

I smoked about a pack a day for 15 years. For the last two years it was 30 a day but they were weak cigarettes. "light" non-menthol.

It seems like that night time breath rattle and the hacking/coughing went away within a few days.

I KNOW for fact though that by Thanksgiving it was completely gone. I was in the hospital for something unrelated to smoking and they said my lungs sounded really good.

Whispers -

So you and i have about the same number of smoking years. Seems like we would have had coughing problems longer than we did. Maybe damage goes up exponentially after some point that we didnt quite reach?

JB, some Dr's have mentioned to me pack years and genes. My fathers uncle lived to 102, went into a nursing home at 98 and stopped smoking(they stopped buying them for him) with no health related issues at all. He started @ 13 smoking lucky strike. Others in my family have developed health issues smoking a lot less(years/packs). Its tough as it could be nothing or it could be something, for my friend it was a good thing he got checked he was also late 50's and im late 40's .     https://www.plushcare.com/blog/how-to-clean-lungs-after-quitting-smoking/       

• Like 1

You know I did not hack at all up in the high desert and very little this morning now that I'm back. I work just a rock throws from the Ontario Air Port how much crap do you think is in the air from all the Jets taking off and Landing which both are the highest fuel burning time of a flight?

Maybe it is more Location than Smoking? 

• Like 1

Mine left pretty quickly, but my quit smoking app. Says it's normal up to 9 months since it can take that long for cilia to completely grow back and clean out the lungs...I would definitely mention it to your doctor if you are going any way (or if you are concerned)...they are probably more credible than a random free app ?