Rosewothorne celebrates her First Week of Freedom !

Sazerac

Hell week --- now it is behind you and you have that foundation for keeping the quit.  Use the knowledge and experience you have moving forward and use the positives -- it does get better, congrats.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on making it through hell week, Rose!  Thanks for sharing with us your experiences on your blog.  I'm sure that helps you greatly and it helps others as well.

Keep up the great work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh well done Rose...that first week is done and dusted, never to be done again. Your blog is brilliant and may be the inspiration one of the lurkers need to join us. You should be so proud of what you have achieved.

Now @Sazerac, i thought you were me mate, and despite Reci's to do list saying 17th of April there are no celebrations you used your initiative to give Rose a well earned 1weeker... Now here in lies the problem.... @reciprocity is gunna be none to happy when he does my performance review... I had 4 frickin jobs, remember all the woohoos, make sure the frickin Lido Deck is ship shape for the celebration on the 18th, don't break anything (pretty sure the gaffa tape sorted out the desk chair).... And don't let things get out of control... I can just hear it now, why didn't you use your initiative and woohoo Rose, and its not like i don't have enough issues as it is trying to find original little giffy things an making sure to type the woohoos in acceptable English... Oh an does anyone know where to get a shiny silver bucket cos I don't think the gaffa tape will cut it.

HP27gpyMysfMnHtaqCJ482tbC57LIieCctf3SaF_ 

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 2

So today you have proven to yourself, for the seventh time, that you can get through the day without a cigarette.

Use that knowledge to beat future craves.

Look at it like this also - the first three days are the worst and you survived those.

Have you noticed that already food tastes better, scents are more noticeable, AND your breath doesn't rattle when you are trying to sleep?

So many good things come into our lives when we tell the cigarette to get the hell out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on getting that first week until your belt Rose.

Good work on the blog, it really is a useful tool to help remember where you have come from and really informative for those newbies who follow in our footsteps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jetblack said:

AND your breath doesn't rattle when you are trying to sleep?

This! I forgot about this and it's so freaking true!!! I always hated that but it hasn't happened since I quit! YESSSSSS! 

Thank you ALL for your words of encouragement and celebration with me. I really, really appreciate it. I can't tell you how much you welcoming me means. 

I saw a TED talk once along the lines that we alienate or isolate addicts from society when what they need is the exact opposite: a sense of connection, an opportunity to contribute to and be part of a community. True Dat. 

My quit date and first blog entry here were on whims. Sometimes a whim (is that really a word?) is the step through the door you need. The blog helps to keep me honest -- it's like my daily NOPE pledge on steroids. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Rosewothorne said:

My quit date and first blog entry here were on whims. Sometimes a whim (is that really a word?) is the step through the door you need. The blog helps to keep me honest -- it's like my daily NOPE pledge on steroids. 

I quit on a whim (yep its really a word) and I'm still going strong. You can so do this. Your blog is brilliant and its not just helping you. Be so proud of all you are doing.

• Like 3

Congratulations Rose! I also quit on a whim, sortakinda(<— that’s not a word).  But whatever works, right? Quitting is not easy but it’s hands-down the absolute best thing a smoker can do.

Cigarettes do nothing for us. They take away our money, our health and our time.

One day at a time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1