I am quit 14 months now. There have been some scary things i have had to confront regarding my health and up until this past week I was exceedingly lucky considering i smoked for 40+ years, and I have been very thankful. This week has been a game changer for me. I went to hospital for a cardiac cath procedure on 4/13 to see about having a stent or two. The good news is that my heart muscle is strong and is undamaged....but my main arteries have major blockages and i was admitted to the cardiac unit and am being monitored 24/7. i am scheduled for a quadruple bypass this Tuesday, April 17th. This condition wasn't caused by smoking totally....some family history here, along with genes, etc....but doc says it didn't help! I quote "you are one lucky lady...somebody is looking out for you" as he looked skyward!!!

• Like 1

I am quit 14 months now. There have been some scary things i have had to confront regarding my health and up until this past week I was exceedingly lucky considering i smoked for 40+ years, and I have been very thankful. This week has been a game changer for me. I went to hospital for a cardiac cath procedure on 4/13 to see about having a stent or two. The good news is that my heart muscle is strong and is undamaged....but my main arteries have major blockages and i was admitted to the cardiac unit and am being monitored 24/7. i am scheduled for a quadruple bypass this Tuesday, April 17th. This condition wasn't caused by smoking totally....some family history here, along with genes, etc....but doc says it didn't help! I quote "you are one lucky lady...somebody is looking out for you" as he looked skyward!!!

• Like 9

Oh rozuki, I'm so glad they found that before something happened! You are going to feel so much better after they Roto rooter out those clogs. I will keep positive thoughts for you my friend xoxo

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3

Godspeed Rozuki.

My dad had a double-bypass on Good Friday and was able to go home on Wednesday of the next week.  Two-weeks later, he is able to walk around more and slowly but surely is getting his energy and appetite back.  The advances that have been made in relation to cardiac surgery are a great sign of progress.

And when the healing process is over, it is very likely that you will feel much better than you have in quite some time.

Wishing the best of everything for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2