6 weeks quit

Kevsfreedom

Got that evil nicotine monster just about dead,oh I know he will never fully die but I have him on the ropes now.Believe it or not week 5 was my worst.My brain was rebooting itself from using nicotine as a fuel for 35 years and I was dizzy,confused,tired and down right stupid.I was so close to just  buying cigarettes ,then said no frickin way,not after what we have been through.Week 6 and things are really getting better.I now don't imagine myself with a cigarette everytime I think of  myself doing something,like fishing or driving. keep up the good war all  KIev

• Like 9

Glad you're doing so well. Six weeks is not a lot of time quit in relation to your years of smoking so keep your guard up. Lots of firsts coming for you smoke free so just remember we're here if needed :)

• Like 4

Congratulations, Kev.

17 minutes ago, Kevsfreedom said:

My brain was rebooting itself from using nicotine as a fuel for 35 years

rebooting...precisely right ! 

Be assured that things will get clearer and easier but, stay ever vigilant

and don't be surprised of feel like the lone ranger if something out of the blue triggers a crave again.

These are the last craves you are ever going to feel so deeply and you are so much more powerful than a crave.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kevsfreedom said:

I now don't imagine myself with a cigarette everytime I think of  myself doing something,like fishing or driving.

Smoking while fishing was always a pain in the ass.  Seems like I spent half my time at the river worried about keeping my precious cigarettes dry.  Good riddance.

Good work and congratulations Kev.  Enjoy the freedom.

• Like 3

Yeah the craves do speak up now and then, sometimes louder than hell.

Just remember when the craves hit out of nowhere (or even expectedly) just remember "It will pass in a couple minutes".

I actually saw this chart about cigarette craves showing frequency and duration and it looked like they were mostly brief.

So according to this chart, there is about 18'ish minutes a day when we are jones'in for a cigarette during the worst of the cycle.

YOU though, you are long past the time of this chart so your crave time by now is likely down to about two minutes a day tops.

You are doing awesome, keep it up...

z_CraveGrafBW.gif

• Like 1

Kev - keep this up fella.  Week 6 is still early - stay close to this board.  On my first quite, I thought after 6 months, "I could just have one", when out with friends for a drink.  Within a few days, I was back on 20 a day. 

I will be 1 year quit this Wednesday and my word, I feel better for it!  Went out for a meal with friends tonight and it was lovely not having the urge to go outside for a smoke after the meal.  It doesn't interest me anymore.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 10:50 AM, Kevsfreedom said:

Got that evil nicotine monster just about dead,oh I know he will never fully die but I have him on the ropes now.Believe it or not week 5 was my worst.My brain was rebooting itself from using nicotine as a fuel for 35 years and I was dizzy,confused,tired and down right stupid.I was so close to just  buying cigarettes ,then said no frickin way,not after what we have been through.Week 6 and things are really getting better.I now don't imagine myself with a cigarette everytime I think of  myself doing something,like fishing or driving. keep up the good war all  KIev

Good for you, Kev!  That's how it is done!

• Like 1