how come second hand smoke doesnt set off craves?

JB 883

We have all heard "second hand smoke is even worse". Who knows if that is true or if it's just a tactic used to make smokers feel guilty.

Anyways so when we quit and smell second hand smoke or if someone is a heavy smoker, we are sensitive to it, it like super stenches.

Something i have never seen mentioned by quitters thoughh is no one says "yeah I could smell a cigarette and really wanted one". No, we are repulsed.

So then, how come second hand smoke, instead of setting off a crave, it repulses us?

Those who hate smell stay quit. There is some who don't mind or have to live with smoker. They are at higher risk of relapse.  

Plus kills taste buds and with so many Windows to lick..

• Like 1

"Plus kills taste buds and with so many Windows to lick.."

Jesus Christ I cannot deal with you today. haha haha ha ha

Well, if THAT doesn't motivate someone to KTQ, nothing will.

ha ha ha ha ha ha oh gyod.

I think it stinks. It doesn’t really set off any triggers for me, I just think it stinks. 

It’s an absolutey disgusting habit. I can’t believe I did it for 37 years.

Now, the smell of weed, I think that wonderful…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Octain said:

It doesn’t really set off any triggers for me, I just think it stinks. 

I was totally indifferent to other people smoking from day one of my quit.  I wasn't repulsed nor did it ever set off a craving for a smoke.

As for the smell, I didn't like the smell when I was smoking.  I wasn't bothered by the smell while I was smoking one or around other smokers.  What I hated was that lingering smell, that kind of stank that accumulates over time.  That's why I never smoked in my house and I hit the interior of my truck with air fresheners a couple times a week.  

The cigarettes do smell more to me now than they used to, but then again...my sense of smell is better now than it was when I was a smoker.  Which is sometimes a blessing and other times a curse.