What does BEING A NON SMOKER mean to you !!!

Doreensfree

to start to Grow again, physically and mentally

To be mobile go places I once couldn't

To be able to keep up and play with the grand kids and hopefully the great grand kids

To lay back one day and vaguely remember that you were once a smokers so long ago.

To wake up knowing it a better day as a non smoker

To know you have friends that care for you and you care sight unseen 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Giveintowin said:

I guess it means many things but I’m not giving around $30 per day to cigarettes companies and the government. 

Where are they so expensive?

Anyways to me being a non-smoker means not having hassles like trying to stay loaded up with nicotine, don't have to budget cash for smokes, don;t have to clean up or try to get rid of the smell...

Basically it is one less huge hassle.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jetblack said:

Where are they so expensive?

Anyways to me being a non-smoker means not having hassles like trying to stay loaded up with nicotine, don't have to budget cash for smokes, don;t have to clean up or try to get rid of the smell...

Basically it is one less huge hassle.

Australia. It’s also government policy that the price goes up every 6 months. Since being quit they’ve gone up quite a bit. 

Please see:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/australia-cigarettes-price-pack-smoking-tax-hike-how-much-do-they-cost-a7308381.html

Edited by Giveintowin
  • Like 3

To me, it also means the following entities will not get any of my money and can therefore cram their products in their asses -

Tobacco companies

Vape companies

Smoking cessation aid companies

Stop-smoking clinics

Anything "pay to quit"

Yep kids. there are crooks out there willing to sell you stuff to help you quit. it may or may not work. If you are poor AND a tight wad like me, you want the least expensive route to quit.

So, it means more money for important stuff like dining out, clothes shopping, and maybe some more Pepsi.

Instead of your dollars, give tobacco AND cessation companies a nice "bird".

• Like 4

G'day 

It's great to join the 85 per cent that don't smoke!

At first I felt a little false, a bit of a pretender. 

But not now.

I Am A Non Smoker.... I've earned my strips.

I don't have to explain I'm an ex smoker or any thing anymore!

Only you mob know and understand that I still front up ever day to Pledge my NOPE. A small price for my continued freedom a couple of minutes a day....

Chris

• Like 8

On 4/12/2018 at 5:34 AM, Jetblack said:

Instead of your dollars, give tobacco AND cessation companies a nice "bird".

It's been a while since I sent those guys a postcard...

Adios you wretched vultures.  Kiss my ass.

Sincerely,

--Boo

Edited by Boo
  • Like 5

I've been a smoker all of my adult life up until last year. As an adult, I've never really known what life was like as a non-smoker. We all know how much of our lives were controlled by smoking when we smoked because we have had to reprogram our brains to live as non-smokers. I'm still getting used to life as a non-smoker but so far, I think I like it. There's a lot of little things that are different now in a good way and life seems simpler because I don't have to think about all that crap anymore everyday but nothing really stands out as my #1 thing that I like the best. I just like not having to deal with all the bullsh*t baggage that smoking brings to my life.

It's odd that when I started smoking back when I was 17 years old, I never noticed all the expense and inconvenience and changes that this addiction brought to my doorstep. Guess I didn't care so much back then?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

It's odd that when I started smoking back when I was 17 years old, I never noticed all the expense and inconvenience and changes that this addiction brought to my doorstep. Guess I didn't care so much back then?

About smoking or anything we do...

Though we did not realize it at the time, when we are younger we tend to tolerate a lot more BS than we do as we get older and more set in our ways. When we are younger and we want something, we have this drive of "what is it going to take to get there?" We don't care what it costs or how much effort really. Sometimes it ends up being wasted time and energy.

But that was ok because at that age, energy and time are plenty. And who thinks about their health at that age? Our bodies were perfect.

But then when we are truly grown up we tend to think more "If it is that much trouble than screw it". We do not want to be inconvenienced because we now know better than the half-truths "someday it will pay off" or at least "No harm will come". As we age, we accumulate regrets, things may start to hurt, we have seen the results of reckless behavior... So we become more careful about our actions. My biggest motivator to quit smoking was - "what if someday this really does kill me?"

Smoking brings a lot of inconveniences. It costs money, fire hazard, you have to step out or stink up your home, people ragging on you to quit, everything else is planned around smoking, and the never-ending list of health problems.

• Like 1