A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

notsmokinjo

^^What stuff of urban legend???

The O'Donovan Brothers .... and the people of Ireland... for being so ecstatic over a silver medal and for showing that it doesn't take a lot of money and fancy equipment to be world champions... oh and the best Olympic interview ever bar none.

@jillar this is the O'Donovan Brothers...

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 1

Irena Sendler - Polish social worker who smuggled over 2,500 jewish kids out of the Warsaw Ghetto between 1942-43 and hid them with families, orphanages & convents until after the war. She kept meticulous records of every child, their family history, where they were hidden and when. In '43 she was captured by the Gestapo, tortured and never revealed where the kids were or her records on the morning of her execution she was rescued by the Polish resistance and spent the remainder of the war in hiding. After the war she spent her time trying to re-unite the children she rescued with any remaining family or to re-home them.

• Thanks 1

^^ Awesome... thinking of leaving it on this topic or tweaking to unsung heros... of little known heros... I think this and sort of need it atm, feeling a bit princessy and need the reality check.

Ulysses... he got home eventually.

• Like 1

Aitzaz Hasan - a true hero.... Ok to save you googling... Aitzaz was a teenage Pakistani boy who died by throwing himself on a suicide bomber who was trying to enter his school of 2000 kids because the school had admitted female students.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@jillar a fizchick.... is a psychic connection/message.... you and fluffy and weegie always seem to know when I am stuck in this game and can't get the letter I want cos you fizchick me an answer and then magically I get to post the letter i really want... its great having awesome friends like you guys...

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 1

^^^ ... hahaha... failed by google...

The Wees will be happy with Alexander Fleming and I didn't even need to look him up so unless you have found an obscure A. Fleming who has nothing to do with penicillin discover I'm sweet.

Gulabi Gang ... I know its not a person but its a group of peoples and they are inspiring.

• Like 1

^^ :)

Iqbal Masih .... a little boy who fought for his freedom and the freedom of at least 3000 other child slave labourers... and was murdered at 13... today he would have been

35.... but instead he has inspired charities and humanitarian awards around the world... from a little town in Pakistan this kid did change the world because he knew it was wrong... and he more than paid forward the help he was given.

• Thanks 1

SWITEROO.... SWITCHEROO.....Its Sundee Slang Fest.... the Wee's favourite time of the week.... so lets get the ball rolling with a K...

Killah (kill-are) - to be really good.

Didjya watch the game last night? It woz frickin killah how close ay. = Did you watch the game last night? I was so good how close the scores where wasn't it?

• Like 1