A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

notsmokinjo

well I had it all set up to have the A... but then I took the X... and technically I fudged the X with the loosest of X's in the history of Topic of the Day A-Z... but that lost me the A and the A is important... culturally and historically..... so no pressure at all @Sslip

The versatile...

Digestive...

Have it on its own a super dunker..?

Have it with jam or for a special indulgence butter and jam.. ?

Or a wee digestive and cheese.. cheddar and spready ?

Fancy a wee bit of chocolate no probs slap on the nutella..?

Something for the weans.. add icing and sprinkles ..?

That's just naming a few.. gawd I luvs my diggies???

• Haha 1

^^^ I had some at christmas. Don't have them often but I do love a fig roll :)

Golden Crunch Creams

The best of the best when it comes to dunking biscuits.

10_Crunch_creams_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuu   image.jpg

And you don't have to take the word of me and Vinny (the panda for those of you not in the know) for it ... Timeout magazine agrees

https://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/27-retro-biscuits-ranked-worst-to-best

Edited by Sslip
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

(* sigh ... no iced vovos then???)

Jam Fancies... so yummy for dipping in the tea... the best bickie to master your dipping skills....that jam layer is a bit of a dipping cheat though.

Never seen one until 30 seconds ago. Are they really biscuits like our Jam Mallows or cake?

Jam Mallows for reference

dsc5603.jpg

And are your jam fancies like our jammie dodgers or happy faces (happy faces are the best they have cream and jam)

ad_199274919.jpg?w=620&h=413&crop=1  happy-faces-biscuits-c1jbpm.jpg

This has all got messed up I should have had J and L, but got to play K instead.

Kahk (I don't know how you say it, but it sounds unappealing in my head - though they look rather good)

Now Jo your challenge is to get L right (and it is nigh on impossible)

• Haha 1

Now what a iced vovos look likes depends on what side of the Murray you reside... and yes the victorian style Iced VoVo is definately like your Jam Mallows which are bickies NOT cake... biscuit base, little row of marshmallow dots, little row of jam dots, little row of marhmallow dots covered in icing... but those wierdos north of the Murray have a biscuit base, with a row of hard pink icing, a row of jam, a row of hard pink icing....

Jam Fancies are like your Jammie Dodgers, only more classy....

279_365___jam_fancies_by_mahou_koneko-d5

As for L.... the lovely people at Arnotts give us two wonderful choices.... there is the ever handy and always slightly sticky Lattice biscuit and there is the surprisingly yummy Lemon Crisp.... we got ya bickies sorted down here:

41pWX-LXdTL._SY355_.jpga67d1b4da0fd72baf32346ee2121dca9_big.jpg

• Sad 1

I'm sad because it really should have been Lincoln biscuits. A seriously underrated biccie and great as a dunker.

Jacob_s_An_Original_Lincoln_Scrumptious_Shortcake_.png

So I get M ... hummppphhhh

Malted Milk - Quite possibly the most boring biscuit in the world! So boring I can't be arsed to include a picture of it.

• Haha 1

^^ Malted Milk are awesome... they are the essential ingredient to make NZ Lolly Cake.... and Maltezer Cheese cake bickie bases... they require elevated dunking skills as they are prone to do the plop..

But seeing as you think Malt O Milk (as we call em) are pox... then I'm taking ya M.... for my favourite non-national treasure biscuit.... the

Monte Carlo ... the best cream bickie for dunking....

cookie-monte-carlo.png

AND... cos my K isn't Kack..... the Arnotts people also give us The Kingston... omg...just think mini anzac with chocolate cream... designed to be dipped...

36D1C91900000578-3720889-image-a-8_14701

Did you not see my post about golden crunch creams, which is backed up by real scientific research (or some hack who was short of an article one week at least)?

At least I get N out of this little trade

Nice creams - these are seriously nice and just a step behind Golden Crunch Creams. These sit alongside Ginger Crunch Creams as a classy second tier. Both Nice and Gingernuts are good standalone biscuits in their own right.

71Y+ETq70fL._SX679_.jpg

Timeout Magazine.... is that a publication just for the naughty boys and girls??? I thought time out was sposed to be a time for reflection and sensory deprivation???? Am I supposed to provide reading materials??

O ... dear ... um Flexibility is being employed here.... the is the Oatmeal (or Highland Oatmeal) which is like your digestives I think.... or there is

Arnotts Full O' Fruit ... dad likes these but Blurgh.... not liking of the O options....wait a sec, hold up.... I so have an O... and its one of me faves...

Arnott's  ORANGE SLICE