A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

notsmokinjo

(My K would have been The Kinks... who (frick I hope Dooreen doesn't spy on us in here) are way better than the lads from liverpool).

Muhammad Ali changes his name from Cassius Clay after winning 3 heavy wait titles from Sonny Liston in 64... and a whole new era of boxing was born.

OH wait.... me Fizchick is pingin off the charts and I'm get the word from @WeegieWoman that I need to post an R for her... so, here goes:

Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones.... 

OH... yay.. woohoo.... wooopie... I got my S.... I got my S.... 

St Kilda FC 1966 Premiers of the VFL (what the AFL used to be before all those other clubs muscled in on our awesomeness).... the one, and only, premiership flag we have ever won..... still waiting... and just like slippy and his English world cup.. never seen it in my lifetime... but heartache of heartaches I've watched them loose the Grand fInal (superbowl for the yanks) 3 times (once the day of my 21st) and draw it once.... so much heartache... BUT I love me Saintas and wouldn't change 'em for nought....

(saddly @Sslip if there is a cosmic connection between my Saintas winning the Premiership and your England winning the World Cup this will not be the year... cos there is no way we making finals (play offs... again for the yanks).... 

Edited by notsmokinjo
way we not wee we

So many Ts, so little time. Okay so this one will probably be obvious to nobody but me, but it's one of my earliest music memories.

Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, I present

Tina Charles - Callin callin Dr Love

• Haha 1

I am rubbish with the Xs, so a recycled one that does fit

XTC - Making Plans For Nigel

(Isn't Nigel such an old name now? Does anyone know any young Nigels?)

Edited by Sslip
  • Haha 1

^ Nope , no young nigels... youngest I know is a decade older than me...

9 hours ago, Sslip said:

^^^ is that the one that goes you won't get me I'm part of a union?

^^ That's the

Strawbs... (You Don't Get Me) "Part of the Union" ... its way better than Union Man by the Cate Brothers.... but I forgot about it... I remember the boys singing it when they were pissed... and for some reason I thought it was 60's...

OK...technically I can't claim that as a Y... even with my stretched sense of logic... but here goes...

Young & the Restless ... first went to air 1973

^^ You just know I would never have posted that.

Bloody Sunday ...  When Irish protestors were shot in Bogside Northern Ireland by British Troops... Sunday 30 Jan 1972 ... this kicked off over 3 decades of what we know as the Troubles ... where over 3000 people died unnecessarily in Ireland and the UK.... despite my upbringing, I believe both sides were at fault, both sides share the blame, all these people died pointlessly... the hero of the day was Father Edward Daly... who went into the streets under fire to administer last rights, and protect a wounded teen by lying over him until he could be carried to safety and treatment he proceeded the blokes carrying the injured teen with his arms spread wide as if he could stop the bullets waving his blood soaked white hanky to try and protect them all.

Duddy.JPG

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 2

Switcheroo time... Is Dundee Slang Fest.

Hanga = hang-are (where the 'are' is long and drawn out)... A term used for a spectacular mark (catch) in Aussie rules footy, where the player leaps over his opposition and appears to hang in the air.

Edited by notsmokinjo