A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

notsmokinjo

SWITCHEROO... SWITCHEROO.... time to change .... going a bit left of center today... and playing the "When I Grow Up..." game.. so this can either be a when I grow up I will, want to, etc and it can be a walk down memory lane for something you used to wish/aim/hope for or it could be something you want in your future.....

SO we have H

When I grow up I wanted to have short hair (cos I wasn't allowed to cut it).  (now I have short hair out of necessity, can't raise one arm above my shoulder so its to hard to do long hair and I wish it was still long, shoulder length is as long as I can go)

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1

When i was a young adult i wanted independence. Bought my first flat at 21 so i got it. Those were great years. But kinda short lived as i met hubby at 21 so within a couple o years i was dependent on him!! But oh boy i loved that independent feeling, made me feel strong. 

• Like 2

SWITCHEROO... SWITCHEROO .... Its Sundee Slang Spectacular... making Sundays happier wherever you may be...

N..

Numbnuts - An idiot... but not as offensive as calling someone a d1ckhead... "I coulda offeeredya a cuppa but numbnuts over there only grabbed beer when he wos out an fergot the frickin milk"  (I would offer you cup of tea or coffee but while he was out earlier he forgot to purchase milk)

Thatcher....

Still hate her with a vengeance but....

She inspired me to stand up and be counted against the machine and I have done ever since..

Give me an injustice or a good cause and a placard (actually I'm pretty good at making my own... ) and I'm there with bells on...

This one is not mine but this lady has my kinda thinkin when she made her anti Trump placard 

20180719_091152.jpg

• Like 2

^^^ Oh Love that post @Wee fluffy me ... I um'ed and ahh'ed about Thatcher but for the reason that she showed me better than anyone else had that a women could make it, succeed and bet top dog in a 'man's world'... and that sign, can I assume fanny means the same in Scotland as it does here.. although the sign works with the US meaning of fanny too.

Józef and Wiktoria Ulma - Polish Farmers who hid Jews during the holocaust... were executed along with their 6 children and 8 Jews they were hiding in May 1944... they new the risks and took them because it was the right thing to do, I would like to think i would do the same.

• Like 1