A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

notsmokinjo

58 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

OOh a twoofa .... well I'm leavin me L me L and asking for a translation of what someone from Kent called me in a pm last night, Mare wotsit???? @Sslip ... I got the gist, I want the actual..

Okay, so best I've got is below.

Mare/Cheeky Mare

It's an England specific friendly dig. Mare refers to a female horse. Used like 'cheeky cow' or 'silly goat' or 'daft sod'. But in a friendly way, of course.

It is a friendly insult or jibe and normally only said by one who likes you. It generally means that the remark you made was of humerous but near the knuckle.

(only friends can get away with this type of humour)

• Thanks 1

Packin it - (Packing It or Packing Darkies) - Literally being so afraid you are shitting your pants.

"Mate did ya see Bruce when the coppers rocked up he was fair packing it" - "Did you see how scared Bruce was when the police arrived"

@Sslip, yeah pretty much what we would say, we would just say cow... and being Aussie I get the friendly insult.

• Like 2

Sorry @Wee fluffy me   and also that other Wee.... was autopiloting to get in before someone else...

Toey - (Toe - ee)... To be nervous, anxious or horny.... so The Black Caviar (a race horse) was never toey in the starting blocks.... She was feelin a bit toey before her bloke came over.... or... I'm a bit toey about me performance review from @reciprocity

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Ohh I can pop in the Q weegie didn't have...

Queen of the South -  a woman who likes to gossip / has a big mouth.  ..... ie. "Be careful what ya say to Mary she's the frickin Queen of the South"

Queen of the South is a football team here.. hahaha?

Got nothing for U... Carry on..?

• Like 1

Vamp - yep another double meaning word.... To vamp... can mean either to spruce, dress, fancy something up but with a sort of slutty overtone... She was really vamping up her performance.. or To Vamp means to pull and all nighter... ie You want to pull a vamp with me (this is more modern)... then you can be a Vamp ... a slightly slutty femme fatale.

Jean Xhenceval - race driver from Belgium...

Here's a topic for some of the boys... spreed the word slippy these are your stick peeps..

so... Cars, brands, models, part, race drivers... pretty broad we should all be able to play..

• Like 1