Smoking is even worse than was thought.

Sirius

The problem is though that they blame EVERY problem in the world on smoking. Yeah it is bad but they are getting pretty silly about things.

Do they really think people who are not ready to quit are going to say, "Well golly, I didn't know it was effecting (whatever), I better quit smoking now."

Even though i have quit, I think a lot of the anti-smoking propaganda is BS.

8 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

@Sirius thanks for taking the time to share this. Reading something like this could be just what it takes to turn someone from a lurker to a quiter or to hold a wobbling newbie to there quit and cement it.

Before I quit, I maintained my denial about the dangers of smoking but, when I had made the decision to quit, things changed.

I then acquired a voracious appetite for the truth and it did, indeed, helped to cement my quit.  It still does.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JimHannoonen said:

You could post an article with data showing that smoking could make your head fall off and it wouldn't influence people to quit any more than anything else.

Nothing is going to reach the ostriches whose heads are in the sand.

...and yet-

It could influence people who haven't yet started to smoke.

It might help that person who is trying to quit; to stay quit.

It could be the tipping point for that person who is seriously considering a quit to smoking.

Throw enough seeds and something may grow.

Edited by Sirius
grammer, grammer, grammer.
  • Like 6

Bottom line is the Government is more interested in the money it makes than the health of an addict.  if they were serious instead of penalizing smokers they would incise them with incentives, such as very reasonable heath, auto home, insurance healthy living tax breaks.

make things better for those that better them selves

Its a mess us humans and especially us smokers have got ourselves into. I dont think the buck stops with the government. My buck stops with me. Ive utilised many free services government funded to stop smoking, there is a wealth of free resources in the uk. And the message is simple, smoking kills. It just so happens we chose to ignore that very clear in your face message whilst we smoked. 

The tide is changing. I dont know the stats but there are less smokers surely. Thats good news. 

• Like 1