Today I Gave Up The Beast

marie-quit

At 9:21 today I smoked my last Cigarette. It had been a very busy and hectic morning. I have been up since 3:00am getting ready for a trip with my DD(18), for a college visit. I had planned on smoking my last one before we headed out for our trip at 10:00 I was very stressed out and pushed for time. I planned on romancing my last one, just before we left, but the stress was so bad and I could feel the agitation getting worse as I was trying to finish up packing and the more I thought about getting that last one in the more anxious I got, so I just took the last of the pack ran water over them so that they would not be smokeable, and throw them away. I gave up the beast. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That's fantastic Marie :) It sounds like you will be traveling so just try to check back in with us when you can and let us know how things are going. Remember, you can vent, cry, curse and scream all you want here. We understand because we've all been there.

Try deep breathing exercises when you feel the anxiety building. That will also help distract your mind from cravings. Keep in touch please. We can help you along.

• Like 5