3 months! And seriously, don't just disappear again!

farmgirl

Hi all,

I came online a month ago to say - dudes!  I made it 2 months!  And everyone was gone.  And I developed a bit of a complex... And for the past month, I was mad and stomped my feet and DIDN'T WANT TO JOIN ANOTHER SUPPORT GROUP!  And then I decided to join this one, and FOUND so many familiar names again!  I didn't expect that, so sorry that I changed my name from 40strong to farmgirl.  I was a newbie anyway, so not much history under my old name.  

So here I am, celebrating 3 MONTHS with NOPE yesterday!  I have to admit, the past few days, I've had cravings creep back.  The thought of "just one..." but I remember last year, when I quit for 10 days and then had one and it tasted disgusting, and I felt like crap, and then I was hooked all over again.  Not gonna happen this time.  I LOVE my new non-smoking life.  I can't believe I didn't quit sooner!

It's very, very, very comforting to be back with you all again.  <3

Edited by farmgirl
  • Like 6

Hi farmgirl - so good to see you & happy you found us!!

Congratulations on 3 months! That's something to be proud of and it's great to hear that you're loving life!

QuitTrain has welcomed us with open arms, so I hope you settle in quickly.:12_slight_smile:

• Like 1

Hi, farmgirl! Sorry didn't get a chance to meet you over on the other site. I kind of went MIA for a bit too and had a similar experience. Was having some small cravings and went to the site and it wasn't there! I was a bit taken aback. Took me a week or so to wander over to the train, but so glad I did! So many familiar faces and awesome new ones too. Glad to meet you!

Hi 40Strong/Farmgirl! I remember your posting on the old site.....and I'm so glad that you found us all here. Having your cravings come back around 3 months is so normal, but you are strong and committed and disciplined and you will get through them, and be stronger than ever. Reaching 3 months quit is fantastic work - keep it up, I know you can do this!

I'm like you, being so delighted with a new non-smoking life that I mourn all those years I was so stupid. Oh well, we're a lot smarter now, right?!!!

Welcome aboard. Stay in touch and keep posting.

Edited by Lin-quitting
dunderhead
  • Like 1

how can someone put up a detour sign for QSMB  ? you know a couple arrows leading here. maybe Their Facebook ?

Welcome Farm girl, So happy your 3 months into your quit.  so happy to see your posts again.

Hi Farmgirl..welcome and well done on three months that's ace! I could have written your post as exactly the same happened to me including the cravings and the 'just one' thoughts...but no, not going to happen :) glad you've found the site

• Like 1

Welcome farmgirl! I used to have a Pizza Farm myself so I'm sure we'll get along just fine.

giphy.gif

Congrats on 3 months smoke free - that's great :) You can think about having just one all you like - just don't ever ACT on it because you know where that ends and it's never at a happy place for those go down that road. Stay true to your commitment and you'll be just fine.

• Haha 2

Hey farmgirl, good to see you over here and way to go on hitting the 3 month mark.

Fantastic work on handling the last month without the online support group, that shows a strong quit in progress!

Welcome about and see you around.

Thanks everyone!  So glad to have a support group again.

Wren - congrats on 3 months for you, too!  I read your post earlier today, and like you said, I totally identified with you.

Sslip... I have to admit that there were times that the board not being around made me feel like, well, f-that.  if that whole group is just going to quit without notice, then i'm going to quit my quit.  When I would think that, I'd have to detach myself and remind myself that the rest of the world is not responsible for my success.

I read the No Man's Land section, and will re-read again.  I think another trigger is the nice weather.  I remember spring coming around when I was 9 months sober, and craving a margarita like nobody's business.  I settled for a strong lemonade.  I'm going to have to just recognize the cravings for what they are - memories of the habits I had for the last 20 years - and now I'll make new habits.

• Like 4

So glad you found us.  Yes, I remember the 3 month mark very well.  It truly is a turning point towards “easier times”.  But the addiction finally realizes that you are serious about this quit & will try many new ploys to convince you that “just one can’t hurt”.  Protect all those hours/days/weeks you have invested in YOU & just keep saying NOPE.  You are doing just great & congrats on maintaining your quit all by yourself for so long.  

• Like 1