Found you again!

Wren18

Hello to all :) I was on the QSMB board when it just stopped working one day. Can anyone explain what happened? After a few weeks I realised it wasn't coming back..thanks to Roopy as I arrived here through a post you'd made which came up on google! Am still smoke free at nearly 3 months, but finding this 3 month mark strange, I have some serious cravings at the minute when I haven't had for some time. 

• Like 8

Hi wren glad you found us.  Im not sure what happened but there has been one or two threads about it if you have a look, think it just stopped working for some reason.  But there are a bunch from QSMB here already, make yourself at home.  Nearly three months is brill ;)

• Like 3

Welcome wren,

Congratulations on your quit!

Quits can reach a bump after the new and shiny has worn off,

in fact, it's been called No Man's Land. 

Click and read here about it and  here  about our experiences.

(these are both in house safe links)

Don't worry, you will emerge on the other side

but, it may be comforting to know you are not alone.

Don't forget to breath and have some fun.

• Like 2

Hello & welcome Wren! As others have already said, the three month mark can be a challenging point for some. The good thing is that by then we already have built a toolbox of quitting skills to help us confront these challenges. And of course, these times don't last long. Just stay strong and do what you've been doing and you'll be fine.

• Like 3

Hi Wren, so good to see you! Glad to hear that you are still hanging on to that beautiful quit.

The roller coaster ride can be pretty bumpy. I hope it will help to be with others going through the same stuff.

A whole lot of change for your body, mind & soul.....one day at a time.

KTQ

• Like 3

Hi wren, I echo the others, glad you found us! Read the no man's land link that Sazerac has in her post. It helps explain why you're feeling like you are. You're doing great too at almost three months quit :)

• Like 4

Glad you found us, Wren!  Congrats on getting close to the 3 month mark.  As others stated, this can mean No Man's Land for some but it is normal.  Keep up the great work.  You can definitely make it through this.

• Like 3

For me, three months is when my addicted self finally realized that I was serious about quitting & made some pretty desperate gasps for “just one more”. Be extra vigilant; stay close to the forum; read & read & read & once through this, you will start to experience longer stretches of not even thinking about smoking - sometimes almost an entire day.  Also, be cautious about the “nice weather” triggers as most of us enjoyed our smokes the most when being outdoors on nice days.  I mean did we really enjoy hiding out in a snowstorm just to get our fix?  You can do this!  Congratulate yourself each day for making the choice each day to add one more day to your quit journey - no matter what.

• Like 2