Just don’t smoke

Octain

And remind yourself while you are doing the things that you did while you smoked: that whatever you are doing, not smoking, you are doing it cleaner, better-smelling, easier, healthier, and with more money in your pocket. You are still the same person you were as a smoker.....you're just better. Much better!

• Like 4

It helps also if no one around the house smokes.

Kind of to add what lin quitting said -

yeah when you are not smoking, you have more money or at the very least if you are broke you can say, "At least i don't need money for smokes".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jetblack said:

But keep in mind...this is a road that leads to Excuseville.  There are a bazillion people that smoke, and they almost always around.  What other people do is of no consequence to your quit.  Don’t mean to be harsh, but it’s true.  

We’re adults (for the most part) and we weren’t naughty and someone took away our toys. We DECIDED not to smoke.  Any of us can light up any time we want.  But we CHOOSE not to smoke. Every minute, every day. 

Be strong, and NOPE

</rant>

• Like 5

2 hours ago, barry said:

But keep in mind...this is a road that leads to Excuseville.  There are a bazillion people that smoke, and they almost always around.  What other people do is of no consequence to your quit.  Don’t mean to be harsh, but it’s true.  

We’re adults (for the most part) and we weren’t naughty and someone took away our toys. We DECIDED not to smoke.  Any of us can light up any time we want.  But we CHOOSE not to smoke. Every minute, every day. 

Be strong, and NOPE

</rant>

Exactly… My wife still smokes, her choice. Fortunately, for me we never smoked in the house.

She’ll quit when she decides to quit. She’ll quit when she decides to quit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Octain said:

Exactly… My wife still smokes, her choice. Fortunately, for me we never smoked in the house.

She’ll quit when she decides to quit. She’ll quit when she decides to quit.

Keep on being the good example to her that you're being. We all know that nagging never helped. But a loving nonjudgmental example? I'm certain it will. And it might help you stay on the straight and narrow, knowing you have to be disciplined in order to be her example. :)

• Like 4

I found that both the concept and the action is as easy or hard as you make it.  I made it very hard at first obsessing over this and that.  Once I just established as smoking not being an option it became easier.  Do I still have hard days?  Yes.  But overall A LOT of says go by without even a thought about smoking.  I would say as an average I think about smoking less than once a week.  

• Like 2

On 3/26/2018 at 1:43 AM, Jetblack said:

Kind of to add what lin quitting said -

yeah when you are not smoking, you have more money or at the very least if you are broke you can say, "At least i don't need money for smokes".

Bullshit. 

Sarge quit while Mrs. Sarge continued for another 3 years. 

There were smokes around the house. All around. 

There were smokes in the car. 

There were smokes packed in the luggage. 

There were smokes in the back woods and mountains of all the trails hiked and mountains climbed that The Sarges went to for 3+ years. 

Yes - there were even smokes in bed. 

It's was, as still is ... Easy Peasy. 

If one has a problem with smokes "around the house", then one is not fully committed to The Quit. 

Cigarettes are around. All around. Even in your house. 

Get used to it. 

Billions of non-smokers are around smokes and smokers every day ... and they still don't smoke. 

They don't find it any easier or harder to not smoke when there are cigarettes around. 

Nor should you. 

If you do, then Sarge suggests there's a need for quite a bit of self-examination, especially in the area of commitment to The Quit. 

5 hours ago, Jryan19982 said:

I found that both the concept and the action is as easy or hard as you make it.    

This quitter gets it. ^^^

On a most fundamental level, we only make it difficult on ourselves. 

We can, just the same, make it easy. 

Sarge did. 

You can too. 

It is as easy or as difficult as we CHOOSE to make it. 

EZPZ

• Like 1