Jumped back on the train

doingitthistime

Thanks everyone. I have really got myself ready this time. Done all the reading, worked out how I will cope with the really stressful times, and have decided that for me I think using an e-cig will be best. I have been using one for about a month alternating a normal ciggy for the e-cig and it helped me get down to 6 a day. (was on 20).

Feeling good at the moment have not had a normal ciggy today and have been fine.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. I have really got myself ready this time. Done all the reading, worked out how I will cope with the really stressful times, and have decided that for me I think using an e-cig will be best. 

I am glad you quit and also glad you had a good day. 

When quitting,  you must expect a certain amount of discomfort

and

you are going to have to do a bit of work on yourself to change your patterns

and learn to recognize the lies of an addict.

There is no Magic Bullet.

Quitting addiction is an opportunity to get real REAL with yourself

and the rewards will astound you.

A question to ask is, 

how continuing to administer Nicotine,

a drug that creates it's own colossal stress of constant withdrawal,

going to help you cope with the really stressful times ?

I look forward to your second smoke free day tomorrow.

Don't forget, you can simply breathe through the craves.

S

p.s. It was good seeing you in games today, another great way to beat craves.

• Like 1

Hi all, well half way through day 2 and still feeling good. Went to my local shop this morning for some bits, went to pay at the counter and the assistant put my shopping through then looked at me and said "10 of your usual?". This shocked me at first because I never really thought about how often I brought my ciggys but I am very pleased to say that my reply was "No thank you I don't smoke anymore". I felt brilliant at that point as before I would have got a packet and said to myself. "well I won't have one but at least I have got some if I need them", like that every happens.

Feeling proud and pleased 

• Like 2

Hi still feeling good, just had my tea and have decided that instead of having a smoke after it I will have a cup of coffee and put an update on here of how my day has been. Cravings have not been to bad just did some deep breathing and it seems to be doing the job at the moment.  Going to have a nice bath and just relax tonight. Got quite a bit of driving to do tomorrow and waiting around for family members that could be hard going for me as that is when I could have a smoke but going to go for a brisk walk while they are at their appointment.

Take care Debby

• Like 1

You are breaking up some patterns of smoking, this is excellent.

You haven't set fire to a cigarette in Two Days !  Congratulations.

Are you experiencing cravings from not getting nicotine ?

How are you using your ecig ?

Are you giving up nicotine too ?  or trying to do a gradual withdrawal ?

I am glad you don't smoke anymore,  Debby.

Hold on to your resolve.

Day 3

Today started good woke up and never even thought about having a smoke, but then it started to go down hill. I haven't smoked for which I am very proud of myself, but I could have had one so easily.

Everything went wrong today, but I kept strong and just kept telling myself that this is my quit and no way was I going to let it get ruined.

Really on edge tonight but not sure if its because of  my body getting used to me not smoking or if its just because of the day I've had.

Hopefully tomorrow won't be as trying but even if it is I am not going to smoke!!!

• Like 1

Your nicotine free now..

Junkie thinking..the nico monster is playing with your head..have non of it..

Smoking won't alter a good day..nor will it alter a bad day..it will do nothing..

Do something nice.. A hot bath or shower..

Try and keep busy D..come here and look at the cats and dogs..old posts..

Sleep...your doing great..

Maybe get a ticker..is good to see the money saved..and cigs not smoked...

• Like 1

Every Day gets better, you are doing so great putting smoking down and facing triggers.

Hold on to your resolve.

If you are not vaping,  nicotine has left your body - FOREVER

to vape again will resume the addiction. It takes around 72 hours to free yourself from Nicotine.

NOPE NOPE NOPE...a bottomless cup of NOPE

and don't forget HALT 

Are you Hungry, Angry, Lonesome, Tired ?  Address those issues instead of smoking through them like we used to do

Here is a Post about HALT.  and HERE is another one

Learning about what my body was asking for really changed things for me.

Hi All, still smoke free but very irritable today, woke up with a headache and a sore throat, but still didn't think about my first smoke of the day like I would normally.

I am planning a visit to Chopwell Woods on Sunday with the hubby, he will be mountain biking and I will be walking the dogs. Looking forward to this as usual after a couple of hours I find that I'm getting tired. Hopefully will be able to go for longer and it will be good for me and the dogs.

Starting to notice that things are smelling nice again, and that also some things don't (car need to have a good clean out it stinks!!) also think that I will freshen all my clothes in my wardrobe over the next few days as there is a lingering smell of smoke in mine but not in the hubbys (he never smoked).

Well going to start tea and then relax.

1473663601_20_1_GBP_8_whitesec.png

• Like 3

Scouring autos and clothes and lungs will keep you a busy woman with no time for smokes !

Glad you have some Joy planned for the weekend.

You are going to be amazed at your new lung capacity, they start their healing so quickly

and the tiredness will soon pass.  In the meantime,  take luscious naps when you can.

Don't Forget To Reward Yourself as this re-trains your brain to signal what rewards and pleasure are all about.

Nicotine hijacks that capacity.

• Like 1

Hi all, well half way through day 6 and feeling good. My throat is still sore but I can cope with that. 

Going out to a family surprise party tonight, was dreading going at first but my brother in law popped round (he quit last year) and gave me the ring in my profile picture. He said that if the cravings got to bad for him he just went out side and just breathed deeply until it passed, he thought that the ring was very fitting for me at the present moment.

I have decided to volunteer to be the driver tonight that way I can't drink and it will help me to keep my quit strong, I know that is I drink it will be so easy to say I'll just have one!!!!

Looking forward to day out with hubby tomorrow the weather is meant to be lovely for walking through the woods and breathing deeply here I come.

1473663601_20_1_GBP_8_whitesec.png

• Like 2

Helooo DID it this time,

You are doing Great.  What a lovely talisman from your brother-in-law !

I love your plans...staying clear of alcohol for a while is very, very smart.

Have a great hike tomorrow, your dogs will love you being smoke free too !

So glad you are checking in. :D   

S

• Like 2

What a brilliant post.. Lurv it D..

What a great brother in law..a wonderful support...he has your back..

Your rings are perfect..

Alcohol..has ruined many a quit..so unless your really strong in

that department ..it is best to stay clear for a while.

So proud of you..xx

• Like 2